As my time here in Europe draws to an end, I’ve been thinking a bit about what I will miss when I go back to Tech, as well as what I want to do as soon as I get back. Following Kasandra’s example, I’ll make a list.
Things I will miss about Europe/France:
- Coffee - the cups here may be smaller, but the coffee is delicious and strong. Even the coffee from the machines kicks ass.
- Yogurt selection
- The million offbrands of nutella
- My lab group here, who has taken very good care of me. <3
- The ease of travel
- Pain au chocolat!
- Being able to get goat cheese on my sub
- Joan’s dancing
- Belgian waffles
- Amazing chocolate
- Beautiful cathedrals and historic sites everywhere you go
- Cheap, CHEAP student food
- Playing the “dumb American” card
- Having native speakers to practice French with
- Wine so cheap it’s practically free
- Those little Dany desserts that I haven’t been able to find anywhere else but in the Resto U’s
- Delicious, delicious German sausages and schnitzel
- Not being judged for mixing mayo and ketchup. Kasandra and Tim revoked my American card for this.
Things that I want when I get back home:
- Being spoiled by my family, at least for the first week
- Go to a restaurant and get free refill after free refill, just because I can
- My mom’s cooking. Caldo gizado, tacos de cabeza, caldo de pollo. I want it all.
- A huge, huge hug from my Psi U’s <3
- A PB&J sandwich
- A real hot dog. Hot dogs do not come in baguettes, I’m sorry France.
- An internet connection that doesn’t fail horribly
- A big, fluffy pillow. Make that two or three.
- A proper shower that I can stay in for as long as I please without having to worry about water
- To cuddle my dog. ;_;
- Potato chips of a flavor appealing to my American palette. I’m sorry France, but I don’t want roasted chicken or Bolognaise potato chips. ಠ_ಠ
- A huge bucket of salty, buttery popcorn
One more week until I’m back home. :) I cleaned my fume hood, but I made sure to take a picture of the most important things.
My homage to Joan and his girlfriend.
The most deperssing TLC. I take no blame for this, that’s Joan’s handwriting.